Est. 1953

Owned by the Hughes', Canton Equestrian Center has been a landmark in Canton for over 60 years. We take pride in our family history and provide a  safe, friendly and professional atmosphere for riders of all skill sets and goals.

  • 20 mins south of Boston
  • Three Riding Areas:
    • 100 x 210 Outdoor Ring
    • 125 x 250 Outdoor Ring
    • 72 x 150 Indoor Arena
  • Miles of trails available for boarders with direct access to Ponkapoag Pond in the Blue Hills Reservation
  • Freedom to walk your horse around the outskirts of the property along dirt track

Established in 1953 by Steve and Alberta Hughes, Canton Equestrian Center was originally called Lazy S' Stock Farm. The farm started with mainly horses and other various livestock such as chickens, goats and even monkeys! Owen Hughes was born the year Alberta and Steve moved to Canton and has been involved in the farm ever since. Owen married Mary and eventually, in 1988, they started their own business with the construction of a new barn with an indoor arena. Owen has ridden since he was a child and in addition to providing on-site farrier service as an AFA Certified Farrier (CF), he is currently the Master of Foxhounds for The Norfolk Hunt Club.